FEES AND REFUND POLICY
- For individuals, course fees are to be paid by trainees to secure their training place.
- For companies, SSI shall invoice the course fees for payment before course commencement
For withdrawal, students are required to complete a Course Withdrawal Form. This can be retrieved from our Student Service Counter.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
The PEI will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in the enrolment requirement within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason, SSI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table shown below.
% of Amount Paid
If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
|100%||(Maximum Refund) more than 14 working days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50%||before, but not more than 14 working days before the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||before, but not more than 7 working days before the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||more than 0 days after the Course Commencement Date|
Refund During Cooling-Off Period:
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Feedback/ Complaint Policy
Complaints made by students, whether in writing or verbal (face to face, telephone and/or email) will be channeled to Management immediately.
SSI ensures that all feedback/complaint will be acknowledged by the next working day. We target to resolve all complaints in 21 working days.
In the event that the student and SSI are unable to resolve a dispute or grievance amicably after going through the procedure below, either party may approach CPE’s Student Services Centre (SSC) for help. SSC will review the issue and may refer the dispute to CPE Mediation – Arbitration Scheme.
If the dispute is not resolved through mediation at Singapore Mediation Centre, the dispute will be referred for arbitration by an arbitrator appointed by the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. More information can be found on https://www.cpe.gov.sg/student-services/dispute-resolution
Feedback/ Complaint Procedure
- In the event of a dispute or grievance, students are encouraged to approach their respective SSI contact staff and/or trainer during office hours to voice their concerns.
- Students can write or communicate verbally (face to face, telephone and/or email). Feedback/complaint will be acknowledged by the next working day , and channeled to the management immediately. SSI targets to resolve all complaints in 21 working days.
This Appeal policy and procedure applies to all WSQ assessments conducted by SSI. The Appeal Panel comprising a member of AEB and Assessor will review all appeal. SSI targets to conclude the appeal result within 5 working days after the Assessment Panel met and review the case.
- Upon notification of Not-Yet-Competent” (NYC) results, a trainee has up to 3 working days to lodge a written appeal to SSI for reconsideration of his/her result.
- Trainee shall be required to complete and submit Appeal Form provided.
- An Appeal Panel shall convene to review the appeal within 5 working days.
- Trainee shall be notified of the appeal result within 5 working days (after the Assessment Panel has met and decided on the outcome of the appeal).
- If appeal is accepted, trainee’s record shall be updated and processed accordingly by Admin Executive as per submission of assessment records procedure.