SINGAPORE SPA INSTITUTE (SSI)
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
SSI requires students to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of their future professions. SSI has also taken precautions to discourage dishonesty and preserve the academic integrity of its programs. Students will be held accountable for, or should report, the following violations:
- All forms of dishonesty including cheating, plagiarism, forgery, and intent to defraud through falsification, alteration, or misuse of SSI documents. Theft, deliberate destruction, damage, misuse, or abuse of SSI property or the property of private individuals associated with
- Inappropriate or profane behaviour that causes a disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other SSI activities. Failure to comply with SSI officials acting within the scope of their employment responsibilities.
- Students are required to be properly attired at all times and to observe a sense of decorum when they are within SSI premises.
- Students are required to adhere to the SSI Refund, Feedback/ Complaint and Appeal Policies (refer to https://spainstitute.com.sg/student-policy/) before escalating the complaint or grievance to the next level. The process is in place to ensure resolution with minimum delay and inconvenience to the student. A student who is seeking dispute or grievance resolution should follow the steps outlined in the process.
- Failure to comply with all SSI regulations, whether contained in official SSI publications or announced as administrative policy by a SSI official or other person authorised by the GM and/or Principal of SSI.
- Abuse, violence or threats of violence toward persons or property of students, faculty, staff, or SSI
- Improper use of email and Internet access. Please see the Electronic Communications Policy for additional information. Failure to comply with federal copyright and criminal laws forbidding the copying or alteration of copyright- protected materials, such as computer programs, music, movies, photographs, or written materials.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances on SSI or externship property, including the purchase, consumption, possession, being under the influence of, or sale of such items.
- The use of any tobacco products in SSI buildings, and eating or drinking in the classrooms or any location other than designated areas.
- Bringing animals onto SSI property. No animals are allowed on the premises unless they are assisting the physically impaired or are being used as classroom subjects.
- Bringing children into the SSI teaching areas. SSI does not provide childcare services and cannot assume responsibility for their health and safety
- Failure to comply with all emergency evacuation procedures, disregarding safety practices, tampering with fire protection equipment, or violation of any other health and safety rules or regulations. Inappropriate use of cell phones, or other electronic devices. All electronic devices must be in the “off” position while in the classroom.
- Bringing dangerous items such as explosives, firearms, or other weapons, either concealed or exposed, onto SSI property. Physical abuse, verbal abuse, intimidation, harassment, coercion, stalking, and/or any conduct that threatens or endangers the physical or psychological health/safety of another person.
- Rape, including acquaintance rape and/or sexual assault, in any form.
- Unauthorized presence in, or forcible entry into, a SSI facility or SSI-related premises.
- All forms of gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Being in the presence of and/or aiding/abetting any of the aforementioned conduct violations.
- A student committing any of the violations listed above may receive a written warning concerning the misconduct and may receive disciplinary action up to and including immediate suspension and/or dismissal.