What is Tourism Workforce Skills Qualifications – Spa Sector?
The SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and the Tourism Industry Skills and Training Council (ISTC) have jointly developed the Tourism Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) system. Launched in Oct 2007, the WSQ Spa is a national qualifications system under the tourism workforce framework. Qualifications levels are matched to Occupational Job Levels:
Download the Tourism_Master_Competency Map
Under the system, workers are assessed on their competencies in their job, and will receive national recognition from certificate to diploma levels if they meet the competency standards.
Entry into the system is open with no academic pre-requisites, so more workers can benefit. This is particularly significant to the Tourism sector to raise the skills profile of the workers, as a majority of them have secondary or less education.
Benefits of WSQ Spa
- Skills mastery
- Course fee subsidy*
- Enhanced employability
- Comprehensive progression pathway
- Course fee subsidy* and absentee payroll
- Provide quality assured and industry-relevant training choices
- Guide training and development planning
- Guide performance management
- Facilitate recruitment of competent staff who are certified and equipped with the required skills and competencies.
* Applicable for only Singaporean and Singaporean PR